Happy birthday from Reiner’s Jewelry!
December is a busy month— not only is it the end of the year, but it also brings Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, and New Years Eve. Those celebrating their birthdays in December can expect cooler, wintery temps as December has the shortest daylight hours and marks the beginning of winter. ❄️
Did you know these facts about December birthdays?
- Fewer people are celebrating December birthdays than compared with any other month. Between November and February, the birth rate worldwide drops, reflecting many couples’ choice to avoid the holiday season when planing their pregnancies.
- December’s two Zodiac signs are Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21) and Capricorn (December 22 – January 19).
- December was initially the 10th month of the year until January and February were added to the front of the Roman calendar.
- Universal Human Rights Month and National Read a New Book Month are also observed in December.
- The birth flowers of December are narcissus and holly.
- Many celebrities celebrate a December birthday: Lucy Liu (12/2), Walt Disney (12/5), Frank Sinatra (12/12), Bob Barker (12/12), Taylor Swift (12/13), Jamie Foxx (12/13), Vanessa Hudgens (12/25), Ludwig van Beethoven (12/16), Samuel L. Jackson (12/21), Sir Isaac Newton (12/25) and Stan Lee (12/28).
- December has three blue birthstones: Turquoise, Zircon and Tanzanite.
December’s three blue birthstones
Tanzanite, the deepest blue of December’s three birthstones, is believed to redeem the wearer’s honor and integrity while enhancing compassion and promoting tranquillity.
Turquoise, the iconic blue-green birthstone, represents prosperity, success, and good fortune for all who wear it.
Zircon, a cooler, bright and wintery blue gemstone, is considered the symbol of purity, chastity, integrity and dignity.